By Leo L. Beranek,Tim Mellow
Acoustics: Sound Fields and Transducers is a completely up to date model of Leo Beranek's vintage 1954 e-book that keeps and expands at the original's targeted acoustical basics whereas including sensible formulation and simulation tools.
Serving either as a textual content for college kids in engineering departments and as a reference for practising engineers, this booklet makes a speciality of electroacoustics, interpreting the habit of transducers through electro-mechano-acoustical circuits. Assuming wisdom of electric circuit idea, it begins by means of guiding readers during the fundamentals of sound fields, the legislation governing sound iteration, radiation, and propagation, and common terminology. It then strikes directly to examine:
- Microphones (electrostatic and electromagnetic), electrodynamic loudspeakers, earphones, and horns
- Loudspeaker enclosures, baffles, and waveguides
- Miniature purposes (e.g., MEMS in I-Pods and cellphones)
- Sound in enclosures of all sizes, equivalent to study rooms, workplaces, auditoriums, and residing rooms
Numerical examples and precis charts are given through the textual content to make the cloth simply appropriate to functional layout. it's a beneficial source for experimenters, acoustical experts, and to people who expect being engineering designers of audio equipment.
- An replace for the electronic age of Leo Beranek's vintage 1954 ebook Acoustics
- Provides certain acoustic basics, permitting greater knowing of complicated layout parameters, dimension equipment, and data
- Extensive appendices disguise frequency-response shapes for loudspeakers, mathematical formulation, and conversion factors
Read Online or Download Acoustics: Sound Fields and Transducers PDF
Similar acoustics & sound books
This literature research provides an summary of underwater acoustic networking. It presents a history and describes the state-of-the-art of all networking elements which are correct for underwater purposes. This record serves either as an advent to the topic and as a precis of latest protocols, delivering aid and idea for the improvement of community architectures.
Sonar and Underwater Acoustics brings jointly the entire techniques invaluable for designers and clients of sonar platforms. not like different books in this topic, that are usually too really expert, this e-book is available to a much broader viewers. the 1st half makes a speciality of the acoustic setting, antenna buildings, and electrical acoustic interface.
Renowned tune performs a considerable position in so much people’s lifestyles. The call for and fiscal profit of Rock and pa concert events is big and nonetheless expanding with the diminished profit on recorded tune. according to the 1st ever clinical investigations on recommendable acoustics for amplified track performed by way of the writer, this booklet units ahead certain instructions for acoustical engineers to optimize the acoustics in latest or destiny halls for amplified tune.
This ebook describes intimately the actual and mathematical foundations of ultrasonic phased array measurements. The e-book makes use of linear platforms thought to improve a entire version of the signs and photographs that may be shaped with phased arrays. Engineers operating within the box of ultrasonic nondestructive review (NDE) will locate during this technique a wealth of knowledge on tips on how to layout, optimize and interpret ultrasonic inspections with phased arrays.
- Basic Live Sound Reinforcement: A Practical Guide for Starting Live Audio
- Continuous-Time Sigma-Delta Modulation for A/D Conversion in Radio Receivers (The Springer International Series in Engineering and Computer Science)
- Vectorworks for Entertainment Design: Using Vectorworks to Design and Document Scenery, Lighting, and Sound
- Audio Coding: Theory and Applications
- The Science of Sound: Pearson New International Edition
- Mixing Audio: Concepts, Practices and Tools
Additional info for Acoustics: Sound Fields and Transducers
Acoustics: Sound Fields and Transducers by Leo L. Beranek,Tim Mellow